Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
At All Nippon Airways Trading Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the Company), we recognize the importance of our customers' personal information received through their inquiries on our business or via our online shops or physical shops as it is essential in order for us to provide fully satisfactory services to them. Thus, we consider it our social responsibility to protect such information.
The Company sets forth the policy on personal information protection as follows and will follow and maintain it.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
In collecting personal information, the Company clarifies the purpose and acquires such information to the extent of such purpose. In addition, the Company will use such personal information only for the intended purpose.
Management and Protection of Personal Information
The Company will manage personal information carefully and will not disclose or provide personal customer information to any third parties except for cases where consent is obtained from customers. In addition, the Company will take appropriate preventive and correction measures to prevent unauthorized access to or loss, destruction, alteration, or leakage of personal information.
Governing Laws and Others
The Company will comply with laws and other regulations applicable to personal information.
Continuous Improvement in the System and Functions for Management of the Protection of Personal Information
The Company will strive to continuously improve the system and functions for management concerning the protection of personal information.
Chapter 1. Handling of Personal Information
1. Scope of application
2. Purpose of using personal information
The Company utilizes personal information obtained from customers for the following purposes:
- Shipment of products and documents handled at the Company's online shops
- Shipment of products and documents handled at the Company's physical shops
- Provision of information concerning after-the-sales services associated with (1) and (2) above
- Settlement of shopping charges for products the Company sells
- Provision of information concerning other products and services offered by the Company
- Provision of information concerning various events and campaigns
- Development of the Company's new products/services
- Response to inquiries or requests
In the case of any changes to the purposes mentioned in the above, the Company will notify its customers to that effect in writing, announce such changes on its website, or use other methods.
3. Acquisition of personal information
The Company will obtain customers' personal information by fair and appropriate means.
As a rule, the Company obtains personal information at the volition of the customer. Customers may experience disadvantages if they refuse to provide their personal information, such as being unable to make use of the various services provided by the Company.
4. Disclosure and provision of information to a third party
The Company will not disclose or provide personal customer information to any third parties except under the following circumstances.
- Customer consent has been obtained in advance.
- Information such as statistical data is disclosed or provided in a format that does not disclose the customer's identity.
- Disclosure or provision is required by laws or regulations.
- Disclosure is required to protect human life, body, or property in cases where obtaining customer consent is difficult.
- Disclosure is required to cooperate with the public affairs of national or local governments, and when obtaining customer consent is likely to hinder the administration of public affairs.
Note that provision of information to data-sharing partners and business-entrusted companies is not deemed to constitute disclosure or provision to third parties.
5. Entrustment of personal information
The Company may entrust the personal information of customers to its business-entrusted companies or service organizations to the extent required to achieve the purposes specified in Article 8 of Chapter 1. In this case, the Company will choose, in an appropriate manner, third parties to which personal information held by the Company is entrusted for a business reason, and will properly supervise them by concluding agreements that specify obligations, responsibilities, and handling concerning such personal information, so that such information is managed safely.
6. Data-sharing concerning personal information
When necessary, the Company may share the personal information obtained from its customers as follows.
Personal information items to be shared: name of company and department, title, name, address, phone number, email address, the content of inquiries received
Scope of data sharing: The Company, ANA Group companies, and the Company Group companies
Purpose of use by the user: For provision of business-related services to customers in a beneficial and appropriate manner
Party responsible for management of personal information: All Nippon Airways Trading Co., Ltd.
7. Transfer to outside of Japan
If the Company provides customers' personal information to third party business operators outside of Japan, including business-entrusted companies and data-sharing partners, it will take necessary and appropriate measures in keeping with laws and regulations.
8. Disclosure, correction, deletion, discontinuance or erasure of or addition to the customer's personal information
If the Company receives a request from a customer for the disclosure, correction, deletion, discontinuance or erasure of or addition to the customer's personal information held by the Company, the request will be handled, within a reasonable time frame and scope, after confirming that the request was submitted by the customer himself/herself.
- When a request for disclosure is made, the relevant information will be disclosed in accordance with the procedures described in Article 9 of Chapter 1 below.
- When a request for correction or deletion of or addition to personal information is made, such change will be undertaken after a due review of the request.
- When a request for discontinuance or erasure is made, such discontinuance or erasure will be undertaken after a due review of the request. (However, please note that such requests may impede the provision of services in accordance with the customers' wishes.)
If such request is likely to harm the life, health, or property etc. of the requesting person or a third party, would seriously impact the Company's business operations, or violates laws and regulations, the Company may decline all or part of such request.
9. Submission of request for disclosure, etc.
- Consultation desk: For inquiries concerning personal information, please contact the consultation desk described in the relevant catalog or website.
The method for submitting requests for disclosure, etc. is as follows. Please send the request by postal mail using the form prescribed by the Company, together with required documents, the relevant fee, and a reply envelope, to the address below.
- Address: Personal Information Handling Desk, "ANA SKY SHOP" or "ANA Shopping A-style," All Nippon Airways Trading Co., Ltd. Shiodome City Center 1-5-2, Higashi-shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-7140, Japan
→ Please write the name of the media or shop you used in the space between double quotation marks.
When you are not sure where to submit a request or inquiry, please send them to the following address by postal mail. We will respond after checking the content.
Address: Personal Information Handling Desk, Administration Team, General Affairs Department, All Nippon Airways Trading Co., Ltd. Shiodome City Center 1-5-2, Higashi-shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-7140, Japan
Documents required: In making a "request for disclosure, etc.", please fill in all required items in the following request forms (A) and send it by postal mail, together with documents that confirm the identification of the individual (B). Customer requests for disclosure, etc., may not be acknowledged, when there is missing information, incomplete documentation, insufficient fees, or other problems.
You can get request forms (A) via the Consultation Desk in charge of the media you used or download them from the Company's website
To read PDF files, you need to have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. Please download Adobe Reader (a free application) by clicking the icon on the left.
（A） Request forms predetermined by the Company
Forms requesting disclosure of "personal data held by the Company"
（B） Documents for confirming the identification of an individual or representative
<For a request by the individual>
- Copies of two of the following: driver's license, health insurance certificate, pension insurance booklet, passport, basic resident registration card with photo, certificate of alien registration, or certificate of seal registration
<For a request by a legal representative (a person with parental authority/guardian)>
- A document that certifies that the person is the legal representative of the individual (copy of family register or residence certificate, etc.)
- Documents to identify the legal representative (copies of two of the following: driver's license, health insurance certificate, pension insurance booklet, passport, basic resident registration card with photo, certificate of alien registration, or certificate of seal registration)
<For a request by a representative>
- Letter of trust from the individual (the individual's registered personal seal must be affixed)
- The individual's certificate of seal registration
- Documents to identify the representative (copies of two of the following: driver's license, health insurance certificate, pension insurance booklet, passport, basic resident registration card with photo, certificate of alien registration, or certificate of seal registration)
- Fee: Requests for disclosure, etc. require a fee of 500 yen each. Please enclose postage stamps equivalent to the fee.
- Period before disclosure: Personal information whose disclosure is requested will be sent to the requesting person around two weeks from receiving the form requesting such disclosure.
- Other: When the Company receives a request from a customer for the correction, deletion, discontinuance or erasure of or addition to the customer's personal information, it may take some time for such request to be applied to all the services. Because of that, you might receive notifications from the Company based on the information before the request.
Chapter 2. Handling of personal information of EEA residents
Besides Chapter 1, Chapter 2 also shall be applied to the handling of personal information of persons residing in the European Economic Area (hereinafter referred to as "EEA") based on the REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive "95/46/EC." In the event that any provisions of this chapter contradict those of Chapter 1, the provisions of this chapter shall prevail.
2. Request about handling of personal information
If the Company receives a request from an EEA resident, submitted by a customer in the manner specified, for the disclosure, correction, deletion, discontinuance or erasure of or addition to the customer's personal information described in Article 8 of Chapter 1 and other processes as well, the request will be handled as follows, within a reasonable time frame and scope, after confirming that the request was submitted by the customer himself/herself.
- Request for withdrawal
Personal information will be deleted or suspended in accordance with the customer's request, wherever possible and appropriate, after a due review of the request.
However, please note that such requests may prevent customers from being provided with services that they had utilized, or may impede the provision of services in accordance with their wishes.
- Request for data portability
A copy of the personal information held by the Company will be provided in accordance with the customer's request, wherever possible and appropriate, after a due review of the request.
- Objection to data processing
The use of personal information will be suspended, wherever possible and appropriate, after a due review of the request.
- Making a request or objection
Customers may submit a request or objection by the method provided in Article 9 of Chapter 1 (Submission of request for disclosure, etc.).
- In the case that the country in which the third party is located is outside the EEA, such country does not have the same data protection laws as the EEA, many of the rights provided in the EEA to the owner of the data will not necessarily be provided.
- The customers' personal data may be provided for the purposes specified above to the subsidiaries and affiliates of the Company or third parties outside the EEA.
4. Change of purposes of use of personal data
5. Lodging a complaint with an authority
Customers have the right to lodge a complaint on the processing of their personal data with the data protection authority having jurisdiction over their residence. Please use the following URL to contact the authority having jurisdiction over your residence
(As of August 2018)